Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

u04a1 Informational Interview

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Missanthropy
Admin
Missanthropy

Female Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2008-04-22

u04a1 Informational Interview Empty
PostSubject: u04a1 Informational Interview   u04a1 Informational Interview I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 4:43 pm

For your course project, you will develop a paper that explores an
area of lifespan development that applies to your professional goals,
or a specific area of lifespan development that interests you. You will
conduct an informational interview with a lifespan development
professional, and conduct extensive research pertaining to the area of
lifespan development you have selected.

For this assignment, identify a lifespan development professional
you will interview, to increase your understanding about the area of
lifespan development you have selected. Questions must focus on a
lifespan development area of professional or personal interest (do not
simply ask questions about a particular profession). However, you want
to be able to relate the lifespan development area of interest to your
professional or personal goals. As we cover new chapters and topics,
feel free to refine your questions in order to make sure they actually
cover an area that interests you.

In this assignment, include the following:

• The area of lifespan development you will explore for the course project.
  • Your rationale for selecting that area.
  • Information about the lifespan development professional you will interview, including:

• The professional's job title and brief description.
    • The company the professional is associated with.
    • An explanation for why you believe this person is appropriate for your interview.
    • How you located this person.

• A list of questions you plan to ask and a rationale for each,
    focusing on an area of lifespan development, not just a specific
    profession.

Submission Requirements

• Written Communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
  • APA Formatting: Resources and citations should be formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
  • Font and Font Size: Times New Roman, 12 point, double-spaced. Use Microsoft Word.

Use the resources provided in the Resources list below. Read the
Informational Interview Scoring Guide to learn how this assignment will
be evaluated. Review the Professional Application of Lifespan
Development Project Description and Scoring Guide for guidance in
completing this assignment. Refer to the PSYC3210 APA Guidelines for
instructions specific to the APA expectations in this course.

Submit your Informational Interview assignment in the Assignment box.

Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing
Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click
on the linked resources for helpful writing information.

Resources

Back to top Go down
http://therealm.forumotion.com
Missanthropy
Admin
Missanthropy

Female Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2008-04-22

u04a1 Informational Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: u04a1 Informational Interview   u04a1 Informational Interview I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:29 pm

The area of lifespan development I would like to research for this course project is the Adolescence stage of development. I would like to gain a better understanding how the growing child yet very young adult's mind works and why adolescent behavior can be some what irratic at times. Researching this area of life span development will give me the knowledge I need on how to deal with children in the professional field I would like to go into after college.

The reason I would like to learn as much as possible about adolescent behavior is because I would one day like to become a Juvenile Probation Officer. Helping troubled teens correct their misguided paths in life and aiding them in gaining some control over their misdirection and troubles with the law. Young adults need proper guidance and support because it is so easy for them to fall in with the wrong crowd of peers, become easily influenced and find themselves in more trouble then they may realize at the time and think there is now way out of what seems like a condemned lifestyle. In order for them to find where they need to be in life, they need some one to believe in them, build them up and show them that they can get out of gangs, dysfunctional relationships and live normal happy lives again if they chose too. And if and when they do see or realize just how smart and capable they really are, I want to be the one there for them to help them make that change and make a difference in their lives.

I have an informational interview arranged for May 11th at the Orlando Juvenile Assessment Center here in Orlando,Florida with a Mrs. Nikita Manning who is a Juvenile probation officer on staff there and assesses young adults who are arrested and sent to the detention center for evaluation.

I have created a list of questions I would like to ask her for this Informational interview. ( More will be updated before the actual interview date. )

Questions for Mrs Nikita Manning discussing the Adolescence area of life span development.

1)What is the hardest part about trying to understand the adolescent mind set?

2) Do you think the problem with troubled teens today stems from passed psychological problems in the home or social environment?

3) What variables predict the likelihood of an adolescent dropping out of school?

4) What are some important causes and effects of moral reasoning with adolescents today?

5) How does thrill seeking and peer approval effect risky behavior in troubled teens?
Back to top Go down
http://therealm.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Capella University Zone :: Capella University Studies ~ Human Lifespan Development :: Course Work & Research-
Jump to: